Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RJ Benjamin Quits singing


RJ Benjamin is reportedly giving up singing because  the local music industry "is being hijacked by people with little or no talent."The popular singer and music teacher recently  told TimesLivereporters that he is not happy with the way local awards work.
"I don't really understand the South African music industry and I probably never will. It just doesn't make sense that people get nominated for awards, and who is awarded and why. I have for many years tried to challenge it in my own way but, to be honest, I couldn't do it alone and I truly hope people will continue fighting the good fight," he said.
Though he will release his last album, Inside, in February, he will from now on produce and write only for other artists.
This article was originally written and published on TimesLive by Gabisile Ndebele

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine