Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jay-Z determined to have a stake & call the shots at Arsenal SocceTeam



Rapper Jay-Z has again said he wants to join the board of his favorite football team, Arsenal - and have a say in how the club is run.
The rapper - who fell in love with the team after admiring the "beautiful football" played by former striker Thierry Henry - is even prepared to move to London with his singer wife Beyonce to work with the club.

He hinted earlier this year that he might be interested in investing some of his estimated $500m fortune in the Gunners – but he has now gone further, saying he would like a hands-on role.
Jay-Z said: "We would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while.
"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making. I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this.
"I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."

Jay-Z said he had been inspired by the way Henry – who left the Premier League outfit in 2007 after eight years to join Barcelona – played the game, adding that the France star's influence could still be seen in performances at the club's Emirates stadium.
He said: "I just thought he was an amazing player. Ever since then I have been a big fan of the club and still today you play the beautiful football that Thierry did. I think he had a real long-term effect on the team."
The 40-year-old entrepreneur musician is no stranger to sports ownership. He has a part-share in the New Jersey Nets basketball team and was rumoured to have made an unsuccessful attempt this summer to persuade his megastar friend LeBron James to join the

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine