Monday, September 27, 2010

Smelling good!


My new place is smelling great these days. The "apartment smell" (you know the one, industrial cleaner) is basically gone, and now it smells like home.

My philosophy on scents (and many other things) is very seasonal, so I rotate 3-4 times per year. The scent contributes so much to the ambiance of a space, it's almost like a hidden layer of decor. I like my decor to be somewhat seasonal, so I match the scent to the season as well.

This Fall, I'm loving the Vanilla Amber scent from the "Bella" line by Illume. It is the perfect soft, subtle scent. The packaging is beautiful. And the best part is, the "Bella" line is sold at Target... which means it's totally affordable.



A similar option is Voluspa's Baltic Amber. It looks great and smells divine, but costs almost twice as much.



For the Winter, I love Illume's Winter Berry. It's like Christmas in a jar. I can't wait to use it!





For the Summer, I love Volcano by Capri Blue. Smells like Anthropologie. Yum. It also comes in a pretty mercury glass jar.



I'm still searching for the perfect Spring scent. Something herb-y and clean. Most of the time, I just throw open the windows and enjoy the fresh smell of the outdoors... not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine