Monday, November 8, 2010

Dorm Room Makeover

Dell Computers recently held a national dorm makeover contest, and one of the winners goes to school here in Charlottesville. Because a computer company sponsored the makeover, the electronics were the main focus. She got pretty hooked up. But they also had a designer come makeover her space, and it got me thinking about how I would decorate a dorm.

In my college dorm room, I had a floor lamp that did double-duty as a coat rack (it was the first thing in the room, so I always tossed my jackets on it). I had a horribly uncomfortable and stiff desk chair, fluorescent lighting, and sticky notes all over the place. So I included little remedies to my personal dorm dilemmas in my design. Here's what I came up with:

I think I'd like to live here.


Sources:
Bohemian Medallion Shams and Duvet | Urban Outfitters
Grey Blue Striped Cotton Pillow Case | Vintage Jamie
Pompon Pillow Cover | Secdus
Black Bow Pillow Cover | Secdus
Portis Hat and Coat Stand | IKEA
Acid Etch Letters | Urban Outfitters
Sveje Rug | IKEA
Antique Gold Chalkboard | Revived Vintage
Ranunculus | Irene Sukochi
Classic Computer Desk | Simply Shabby Chic for Target
Gregor Swivel Chair | IKEA
Swirling Surf Pillow | Anthropologie
Rose Landscape Shade | Anthropologie
Crystal Candlestick Table Lamp | Simply Shabby Chic for Target
4x6 Red Wooden Picture Frame | Mackenzie Frames
8 Spoke Spinning Jewelry Stand | Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine