Friday, October 15, 2010

2010 Kips Bay Show House

The Kips Bay Decorator Show House is an annual fundraiser for New York's Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club, and a big event for NYC designers and enthusiasts. Big-name designers each decorate a room and... wow! My favorite detail is that just about every room has a beautiful ceiling. Here are my favorite rooms:


All photos by Trevor Tondro for New York Times
Kate Ridder

 I love this wallpaper. I also love that she painted the baseboards a different color than the crown molding.



 Ed Ku & Etienne Coffinier

This bathroom is my favorite room in the house. I love the use of plush textiles with the cold stone floors and glossy subway tiles on the walls. The hanging bubbles are so beautiful. And the mirror, the tub, the vanity... you almost miss the exquisite ceiling!



Elizabeth Pyne
I love the gold button detail in the settee tufts. The aqua and gold complement the art perfectly, it was meant to be.



 Robert Verdi & Dierdre D'Elia

The variety of textures used in this little nook is amazing. I love the contrast of the white matte rug with the high-gloss black ceiling.

---

Gilt will be selling some pieces from the home during the month of November, if you're interested and have several thousand dollars laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine