Friday, October 15, 2010

Lira Sets New Record as the first local music concert to be released on Blu-Ray in South Africa

Not only is Lira’s DVD Live In Concert – A Celebrationbreaking sales records, it also goes down in history as the first local music concert to be released on Blu-Ray in South Africa next month [November 2010]. 


The DVD which was recorded before an amped crowed of 3800 people at Carnival City's Big Top Arena last year is now the fastest selling DVD in the country reaching the double platinum sales status mark within just ten months - five months earlier than Celine Dion’s worldwide multi-platinum DVD Live n Las Vegas: A New Day.

“I believe its one thing to have a grand vision of how to direct your career and quite another to enlist others to share your vision. None of this would have been possible without my fans and the people who believe in me and what I have to offer. I appreciate how people still go out and buy my music and also come out in their numbers to experience my shows. The love I’m shown out there is remarkable. My commitment is to keep it coming! Thank you for your support – you make it easy to spread my wings and fly,” says Lira.

Lira’s facebook fans now have the opportunity to pre-order the concert on Blu-Ray through Kalahari.net ahead of the November release.

Also scheduled for released in November 2010 is the second edition of her audio CD, Live In Concert – A Celebration . This sonically enhanced live recording will include over 20 minutes of previously unreleased concert material and bonus tracks. Among these is the tribute song to Nelson Mandela ‘Something Inside So Strong’ as performed by Lira and the Soweto Spiritual Singers at the Sony 3D stage at the Nelson Mandela Square on 4 July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine